Having a Healthy Year, Pt. 1February 10, 2019
Tips for Preventing Neck PainMay 23, 2019
If you’re determined to make 2019 your best and healthiest year yet, then know that we are excited for you and support you 100% as you navigate through this journey. Here are five healthy habits to help make 2019 a pain-free year.
- Try to prevent neck pain as much as possible. There are many causes of neck pain, including poor posture, slouching over a computer, arthritis, whiplash, muscle strain, and even teeth grinding.
- Manage your headaches. Tension headaches are due to muscles tightening in the back of the neck, as well as the improper alignment of the joints of the spine. Most patients who experience tension headaches describe them as a band of pressure around the head that lasts from 30 minutes on up to a full week. Keep track of when your headaches begin and what you were doing when they started. Look for any factors that cause these headaches and tell your chiropractor if you’ve noticed changes in a pattern – if they have become frequent, if they’re lasting longer, if they’re more intense, etc.
- Try to prevent falls from happening. Falls can happen to anyone, but those who are over the age of 65 are at a higher risk than those younger. Keep your house clean of clutter so you aren’t at risk of fractures or broken bones.
- Keep yourself well nourished. Don’t skip meals, as this can cause inconsistency in your blood sugar levels, creating fatigue. This is why if you have skipped a meal before, you have felt tired by the time afternoon rolls around. Eat at least three well-balanced meals per day with the last meal occurring long before bedtime.
- Find the right chiropractor for you. Chiropractors are great at helping you stay on track with your goals while also taking care of your spine. Give us a call today so we can give you the help you need!